|Date Posted||September 15, 2021|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||451 Sand Hill Rd|
Want to help a 90-year-old skydive? Or inspire a passion for painting? As the Activities Assistant, you will create experiences with all members of our community and encourage residents to participate. We are seeking individuals who value the company of older adults, lead with a big picture mentality and appreciate the arts and wellness.
Current Full-Time Opportunity:
- Day Shift: 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Recently increased compensation rates
- Benefits package
- Career path opportunities
- Financial support with tuition for continued education
Activities Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Generate ideas for new and favorite experiences.
- Drive residents’ interest in a dynamic lifestyle to promote a sense of pride and purpose.
- Venture out with residents to theaters, museums, sporting events, restaurants, special destinations and more.
- Team up with the Activities Coordinator and/or Associate in preparing and planning on and offsite events and activities.
- Guide volunteers to create meaningful impact.
- Promote a positive, enthusiastic environment to motivate resident engagement.
Activities Assistant Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in group socialization or recreational programs preferred, but not required.
- Leadership style that is energetic, personable, positive, enthusiastic, creative and imaginative.
- Ability to communicate intentions and directions to residents and co-workers. Be an active listener/empathetic.
- Strong motivational skills to positively influence resident participation.
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations in the past five years.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required in this type of role.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers who are serving our residents with meaning, thriving with purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been serving seniors for over 30 years, and we invite you to join our vision for making lives better.