|Date Posted||July 8, 2021|
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||4011 Green Pond Road|
Want to help a 90-year-old skydive? Or inspire a passion for painting? As the Activities Coordinator, you will create experiences with all members of our community and encourage residents to participate. We are seeking individuals who value the company of older adults, lead with a big picture mentality and appreciate the arts and wellness.
- Recently increased compensation rates
- Benefits package
- Career path opportunities
- Financial support with tuition for continued education
- 401k matching program
Activities Director Job Responsibilities:
- Generate ideas for new and favorite experiences.
- Drive residents’ interest in a dynamic lifestyle to promote a sense of pride and purpose.
- Venture out with residents to theaters, museums, sporting events, restaurants, special destinations and more.
- Team up with the Activities Coordinator and/or Associate in preparing and planning on and offsite events and activities.
- Guide volunteers to create meaningful impact.
- Promote a positive, enthusiastic environment to motivate resident engagement.
- Coach residents in achieving individual goals by targeting balance, range of motion, strength and endurance through well-planned, customized programs.
- Collaborate with other team members to create dynamic resident lifestyles innutrition, wellness and therapy.
- Create co-worker wellness programs to encourage healthy lifestyles such as weight management support and fitness programs.
Activities Director Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in group socialization or recreational programs preferred, but not required.
- Leadership style that is energetic, personable, positive, enthusiastic, creative and imaginative.
- Ability to communicate intentions and directions to residents and co-workers. Be an active listener/empathetic.
- Strong motivational skills to positively influence resident participation.
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations in the past five years.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required in this type of role.
- Positive exercise philosophy.
- Experience in working with older adults or special populations regarding physical activity.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers who are serving our residents with meaning, thriving with purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been serving seniors for over 30 years, and we invite you to join our vision for making lives better.