|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
Home Office (Hershey)
|Company Name||Country Meadows Retirement Communities|
|Address||830 Cherry Drive|
Be a resource to campus dining directors and culinary associates, providing leadership, training in accordance with company standards. Job requirements include food preparation, cooking, baking and sometimes managing front and back of the house operations; mentoring and support to new chefs, directors and managers. You will work closely with Vice President of Dining and Culinary to help develop programs and follow through at the campus level. You will have opportunities you won’t find in a typical restaurant. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for culinary arts and are motivated to deliver memorable experiences all within a schedule that allows you to have work-life balance. Flexible hours based on facility needs.
- Access to the COVID vaccine
- Benefits package
- Company paid uniforms (including shoes)
- 401k matching program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, face shields and facemasks
Culinary and Dining Resource Manager Responsibilities
- Prepares, cooks, bakes, garnishes using all major food service equipment.
- Manages front and back of the house operations at designated times at a variety of campuses. Training and Mentoring for cooks, managers, and dining servers.
- Understands, follows, and complies with all aspects of the food service operation.
- Ensures quality of food at all times.
- Maintains high standards of cleaning and sanitation.
- Able to complete food and supply orders and understands using software systems.
- Able to modify recipes and production records as needed through a software system.
- Able to schedule front and the back of the house employees through a software system.
Culinary and Dining Resource Manager requirements:
- Strong culinary and food production background in large scale production environment, preferably in Senior Living.
- Supervisory or management experience in food service industry is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices. Must be Serv Safe certified and willing to further educate to become National Instructor and Proctor for Serv Safe.
- Proficient with technology and communication.
- Valid state issued driver license is a requirement. This position will include heavy travel to our different campuses throughout PA and Frederick, MD, a company car will be provided.
- Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers who are serving our residents with meaning, thriving with purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been serving seniors for over 30 years, and we invite you to join our vision for making lives better.