|Date Posted||September 15, 2021|
|Address||1150 Glenlivet Drive, Building B, Suite 24|
Thrive in one-on-one ministry? Bring your years of experience to enrich the individualized spiritual care and guidance to Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care as a Hospice Chaplain. We are hiring a Chaplain who values the company of older adults, has strong ministry experience and appreciates working with a variety of ages and cultural and religious backgrounds. If hired, you will be joining a unique and innovative company, not something you typically hear when talking about Hospice.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement for travel between facilities
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including: gloves, face shields, facemasks to our co-workers for their safety, and the safety of our residents. Gowns are also provided where appropriate based on CDC recommendations.
- Access to the COVID vaccine
Chaplain Job Responsibilities:
- Assures spiritual assessment and care of patients/families/caregivers in the hospice program and provides appropriate services.
- Serves as liaison and support for patient/family/caregivers with community chaplains and other spiritual care providers.
- Facilitates faith community visits for patients and families as requested.
- Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care.
- Provides for/officiates funeral or memorial services for patients as requested. Facilitates funeral planning for patients as needed.
- Plans regularly scheduled memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team in facilities, communities and within the hospice organization.
- 24/7 on call coverage in rotation with other supportive care staff.
Chaplain Job Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology BD, MDiv or equivalent theological degree, Masters in Counseling, or Masters in Pastoral Care preferred.
- Professional and/or personal experience ministering to the elderly, gerontology, dementia and coursework these areas.
- Experience working with death and dying, individuals/family/caregiver
- Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and values
- Ability to network with community clergy and congregations
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Hospice experience preferred.
About Lifesong Hospice:
Working only in Country Meadows, Ecumenical, and Providence Place Retirement Communities, Lifesong co-workers personalize hospice care plans to help our resident’s transition to be as comfortable as possible and tailored to their needs. We seek to celebrate the meaning of their lives and ensure that their unique legacy is honored. We want to inspire our caregivers to create harmony for each unique life story.