|Date Posted||February 7, 2020|
Thrive in one-on-one ministry? Bring your years of experience to enrich the individualized spiritual care and guidance to Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care. We are hiring a Part-time Chaplain who values the company of older adults, has strong ministry experience and appreciates working with a variety of ages and cultural and religious backgrounds. If hired, you will be joining a unique and innovative company, not something you typically hear when talking about Hospice.
As a family-owned and involved company, we honor the care and commitment our co-workers share every day by providing:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Generous Paid time off
• Mileage reimbursement for travel between facilities
• Assures spiritual assessment and care of patients/families/caregivers in the hospice program and provides appropriate services.
• Serves as liaison and support for patient/family/caregivers with community chaplains and other spiritual care providers.
• Facilitates faith community visits for patients and families as requested.
• Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care.
• Provides for/officiates funeral or memorial services for patients as requested. Facilitates funeral planning for patients as needed.
• Plans regularly scheduled memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with the hospice team in facilities, communities and within the hospice organization.
• 24/7 on call coverage in rotation with other supportive care staff.
• Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology BD, MDiv or equivalent theological degree, Masters in Counseling, or Masters in Pastoral Care preferred.
• Professional and/or personal experience ministering to the elderly, gerontology, dementia and coursework these areas.
• Experience working with death and dying, individuals/family/caregiver
• Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and values
• Ability to network with community clergy and congregations
• Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
• Hospice experience preferred.
• Possess valid driver’s license and vehicle.