|Address||1150 Glenlivet Drive|
Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care is growing! We are now hiring a Social Worker to join this new subsidiary of Country Meadows and Providence Place Retirement Communities. While this position does require travel, it will be to Country Meadows communities in the Lehigh Valley where you will see multiple patients in one trip. No longer will you be driving long distances to see just one person in their home. If hired, you will be joining a unique and innovative company, not something you typically hear when talking about Hospice.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement for travel between facilities
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including: gloves, face shields, facemasks to our co-workers for their safety, and the safety of our residents.
- Access to the COVID vaccine
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness and environment.
- Carries out psychosocial assessments and plans interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Counsel patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties.
- Completes the comprehensive psychosocial Plan of Care within 5 (five) calendar days of admission for all assigned patients.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work; completes documentation by the end of the day of visit completion.
- Collaborates with the physician and hospice nurse to assist patients and families in the completion of advanced directives, end of life documents and funeral arrangements.
- Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains and develops contacts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues.
- 24/7 on call coverage in rotation with other supportive care staff.
Social Worker Qualifications:
- A graduate of a master’s program in social work accredited by the Counsel on Social Work Education.
- Licensed as a LCSW highly desirable.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in healthcare, hospice experience preferred.
- Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communications, and organizational skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification or obtained within 30 days of hire.
- A state driver’s license in good standing, and maintain an automobile in good working order.
- Able to perform the physical tasks that are needed in this role.
About Lifesong Hospice:
Working only in Country Meadows, Ecumenical, and Providence Place Retirement Communities, Lifesong co-workers personalize hospice care plans to help our resident’s transition to be as comfortable as possible and tailored to their needs. We seek to celebrate the meaning of their lives and ensure that their unique legacy is honored. We want to inspire our caregivers to create harmony for each unique life story.