|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Harrisburg (Ecumenical Community)
|Company Name||Ecumenical Retirement Community|
|Address||3525 Canby Street|
The Wellness Secretary provides clerical support to the Director of Wellness and the nursing team by tracking recurring tasks, maintaining files, scheduling appointments, reordering supplies, communicating with medical offices and other health services agencies. They assist with medical orders, pharmacy and medication related details with nurse oversight, and directly manage medications with our residents in a home-like setting.
Shift: 7am-3pm; includes every other weekend and every other holiday.
- Competitive compensation
- Career and growth opportunities
- Access to the COVID vaccine
- Leadership and training opportunities
- Benefits package
- 401k matching program
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, face shields and facemasks
Wellness Secretary Responsibilities:
- Handles telephone calls directing them to the appropriate person or level of service.
- Assists nursing team with physician orders review and ensures that the nurse reviews and counter-signs all physician orders in a timely manner.
- Compares physician’s orders with QuickMAR, makes corrections and follows up with pharmacy as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Calls physician offices to request routine needs, resolve confusion and schedule appointments (including health visits in the facility)
- Prepares Physician Office Visit paperwork.
- Tracks due dates for nursing documentation and prepares documentation packets on appropriate residents.
- Engage with residents, getting to know them personally while administering medications and treatments, observing their day-to-day behavior and outlook and ensuring their comfort and overall positive well-being.
- Manage the medication cart for complete, up-to-date supplies and quality control.
Wellness Secretary Requirements:
- Medical office assistant certification or be able to complete a Country Meadows training program.
- Prior direct-care experience preferred.
- Up-to-date medication certification requirements preferred.
- Demonstrates good organization skills, flexibility and ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstrates effective communication and customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and e-mail. Willingness and ability to learn QuickMAR computer software.
- High school diploma or GED
- Have the ability to understand and speak English at a level which allows the safe, efficient performance of the job.
About Country Meadows:
We have over 2500 co-workers who are serving our residents with meaning, thriving with purpose and leading our company with innovation! We have been serving seniors for over 30 years, and we invite you to join our vision for making lives better.